Even without making offerings, just looking at an image of the Buddha purifies our unsubdued mind and negative karma. Even if we are very angry and our mind is very disturbed and we go into the meditation room or whatever it is, and we just sit down and look at a nice painting or statue of Buddha, and we think about the way he is sitting—it is so relaxed, so peaceful, so subdued and compassionate-looking. If we just concentrate and think about that and look at the image, it is so helpful and so beneficial for our mind. It brings great calmness and it subdues our mind, as we generate the wish to be like that.
- 2013 Dharma Study abundance Adhiṭṭhāna align alignment ancestors ancestors praktis art aspirations astrology atonement attunement blessings community creativity death meditation determination dharma bum summer dharma teachings ease finding my lotus ganesha goddess grace gratitude green tara mantra hands healing images inner guru kalyanamitra karma language living wildly looking deeply Love Life loving kindness manifest medicine buddha wheel medicine poetry meditation messages metta mindfulness mud and lotus my actions are my true belongings new moon nourishment people of color praktis prayers purify to unify quote refuge reminisce resources ritual sangha saturn self-making shaman songs for the journey sounds of maitreya spiritual sovereignty spiritual strength stephen levine surrender tarpanam tasks tibetan book of the dead transformation at the base transformers women year to live year to llive
- “If you cannot see people in their suffering, you cannot see people at all.” -Rev. angel Kyodo williams… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 months ago
- Got #RiceIsLife tote for dear friend @HCatalyst in Chula Vista. Local, independent, POC owned, positive, support!!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 months ago
- @anushkaf shares various perspectives on dharma/retreat. Practice as devotion, purification, lab experiment... dharmaseed.org/teacher/222/ta… 6 months ago
- RT @LionsRoar: .@arunlikhati, the "Angry Asian Buddhist," is not who you think he is. buff.ly/2nNdBz4 6 months ago
- Thank you @JigmeLingpa for sharing the Dharma to various communities in and around San Diego! Rejoicing in your presence and activities! 7 months ago